OTL301 – Post 5 Cognitive Strategies and Inquiry Process

1. I did engage in all phases of the critical inquiry process in this course. I (a) explored new information to develop understanding, (b) integrated ideas that were presented and my personal knowledge, and (c) used all the available resources (academic and personal) and ideas presented to develop learning solutions.
  2.  I encountered some obstacles with some of the new technological applications, but I persevered and resolved problems and came to new understandings of the tasks that were being required.
  3. I was happy with I how I managed the course. I set aside time to do the readings and to involve myself with the lessons. I kept notes on each aspect of the course and these served me well as I created information for posts (and with these final reflections).
  4. To ensure that students would work through the inquiry process I would further develop the strategies of (a) effective (supportive, timely, and directive) feedback, (b) strategic questioning and discussion comments, and (c) redirecting students and group where necessary and prior to an misunderstanding being ingrained.
  5. The course created many  opportunities for reflection, both on my own practice and most importantly on the information and instructional ideas that were presented.